Hi all,

There is a command "*/bin/hostname node${MY_RANK}*" in the file
*boot.easy.ckpt.rcS*, but I do not know its function. I tried to delete
this command and then took a checkpoint with the script. It works!
Moreover, I also restored from this checkpoint and run bench by dist-gem5.
However, it is unable to find the real reason of modifying Hostname by
Google, so I guess that the reason is to set DNS. Should I set DNS when
using dist-gem5? Is there another way to set DNS in dist-gem5?
Any suggestion and help on this question is welcomed. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Boyang Xu

A graduate student in UVIC