Hello experts,

I am new to GEM5 and I am trying to run the examples in util/tlm directory, but
I ran into some issue. I read the README file in this directory and followed
every steps. The issue is that no “gem5.sc” file is created after I execute the
command below.

> ../../build/ARM/gem5.opt conf/tlm_slave.py

gem5 Simulator System.  http://gem5.org
gem5 is copyrighted software; use the --copyright option for details.

gem5 compiled Jul 29 2018 23:57:21
gem5 started Jul 30 2018 03:01:34
gem5 executing on hsv-bw01, pid 313321
command line: ../../build/ARM/gem5.opt --verbose conf/tlm_slave.py

Global frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second
fatal: Can't find port handler type 'tlm_slave'
Memory Usage: 375432 Kbytes

It seems that it is working but NO ‘gem5.sc’ is created as described in README.

The message "fatal: Can't find port handler type 'tlm_{master,slave}'" is okay.
The configuration will be stored in the m5out/ directory

The build step creates a binary 'gem5.sc' for each example in the
build/examples/{master|slave}_port directories. It can now be used to load in
the generated configuration file from the previous normal gem5 run.

I tried the example in util/systemc directory and I can get a gem5.opt.sc
binary over there. It does not work for example in util/tlm. Does anyone know
what I missed, thanks a lot!

Regards,
Eric