Hello All,

I was wondering if there is a way to differentiate between different
logical (software) threads in gem5. I am trying to collect some stats for
each logical thread and so far all I could find in gem5 is access to
physical threads. I know that logical threads is the responsibility of the
OS but is there anyway for gem5 to access the logical thread ID.

One option is to pin threads to cores but this only works if the number of
cores is at least equal to the number of logical threads. However, I will
need to run some experiments where the number of logical threads exceed the
number of cores, in which case, multiple logical threads will be assigned
to the same core and in order to differentiate between them I need the
logical thread ID.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
Shehab