I would like to clarify a few things:

I want to bypass Dcache i.e., do not allocate anything in Dcache, in order
to do that, I use tempBlock in *handleFill* function in
src/mem/cache/base.cc.

Is this correct, and will not cause any problem?

*Before: *

         blk = allocate ? allocateBlock(pkt, writebacks) : nullptr;

*After:*

if(name() == "system.cpu.dcache”) blk = nullptr;

        else

         blk = allocate ? allocateBlock(pkt, writebacks) : nullptr;

Also, what is the use of Functional Access when we use DerivO3CPU, I notice
blk data is being updated or read using the *satisfyRequest* function then
what is to use of using FunctionalAccess in DerivO3CPU.

Best regards,

Abhishek