Hi, all,

I am trying to understand the O3CPU code. But I find that the template policy
is heavily used in O3CPU and I am quiet confused about this part. Like the load
store queue, the  lsq_unit.hh file has all the class declaration of lsq_unit,
but in the lsq_unit.cc file, there is only one statement “template class
LSQUnit<O3CPUImpl>;”. My understanding is that all the functions in
lsq_unint.hh are actually defined/implemented in lsq_unit_impl.hh files. The
O3CPUImpl is actually defined in impl.hh file. But what the lsq_unit.cc file is
actually doing? And what is the design model behind this template usage? Does
anyone know about this part. Thanks so much.

Best regards.

Yuan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10