Hi,

I have implemented pseudo instructions for recognizing the Region of
Interest of the benchmarks that I am running. What I want to do is to start
printing some information (cache data) to a file as soon as the ROI begins.
This printing will be done through the base.cc file in mem/cache. I tried
having a boolean "roi" variable in system.hh, so that it will globally
available, but I'm getting compiler errors of multiple definitions. How can
I have knowledge of whether the execution of the program is in the ROI in
the base.cc file?

I have another question also. Is it possible to delay this printing until
the ROI ends? The problem I have with that is that when the "roiend" pseudo
instruction is encountered, I dump the stats and exit the simulation. Is it
possible to print these data from base.cc just as it is done with regstats
before exiting the simulation?

Thanks,
Victor