Hi Yuan. ExtMachInst is the contextualized, canonical version of an
instruction. In x86 for instance, it holds all the information needed to
decode an instruction in a single fixed structure instead of a sequence of
bytes. It includes contextual information like how big addresses and
operands are configured to be when that instruction executes.

At one time, MachInst was an instruction as represented in memory. Now it's
approximately that sometimes, but really is just the unit of memory that's
fetched at a time to feed into the predecoder to create an ExtMachInst, and
then that into the actual decoder to make a StaticInst.

Gabe