One thing to try if you are desperate: symlink every needed shared
library into a directory, and then redirect /lib64 or that directory.
I'm pretty sure this should work.

I'm not sure why LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not work. I would dig dieeper
and try to understand that, theoretically it feels like it should
work.