Hi everyone,

A few things:
1. Being polite is important! We strive to make the gem5 community
inclusive and welcoming. :)
2. Email can be very impersonal. Adding a greeting and a signature with
your name helps create a more welcoming environment!
3. When asking questions on the mailing list, help us help you. You can
search the issues (
https://gem5.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/GEM5/issues) to see if
anything similar has been
reported. If you can't find any similar issues, we welcome your question,
but it's most helpful when we can reproduce the problem :).
4. The gem5 project has a code of conduct (
https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/refs/heads/stable/CODE-OF-CONDUCT.md).
Specifically it says our standards include "Demonstrating empathy and
kindness toward other people" and "Being respectful of differing opinions,
viewpoints, and experiences." This document also details how to report a
violation of the community code of conduct.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cheers,
Jason