Hi Shougang,

I think you can use <stat>.value() to get the actual value out of the stat.
That should be easy to cast to an unsigned, if needed.

However, I think there might be some confusion on how to register/use the
stats. If you've registered it correctly and it is updated during
simulation (e.g., stat++ is executed) then it should be non-zero at the
end. *Importantly* you cannot access the stats directly from C++. You must
call "stats.prepare()" in python before they are ready to be processed. If
you want all of the details, you can see the file
`src/python/m5/stats/__init__.py` These details are supposed to be hidden,
and they could change at any moment. If you simply want a  counter, I
suggest using the `Counter` type.

Cheers,
Jason