Hi everyone,

I am running the pagerank algorithm that is provided by the GAP Benchmark,
and it is well known that pagerank has  very bad cache utilization. But
when I run the code in GEM5 on one level of cache i get a very low
missrate, i.e. approximately 1% and it goes to a maximum of 3% for a graph
with 16000 nodes. I test it using the se.py config that is provided with a
cache size of 16kb using the TimingsimpleCPU, and the cache missrates are
not as expected.

I also use the pseudo-instuctions m5_reset_stats and and m5_dump_stats to
test just part that involves the actual pagerank implementation and I still
get a very low cache missrate.

Would someone be kind enough to explain why this is so, as I am quite
confused or is there something that I might be doing wrong? Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aamir