Hi Dan,

In recent weeks, Gabe (if I recall correctly) updated how the m5ops are
created.  I had created a homework assignment for my course about it:
https://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~sinclair/courses/cs752/fall2020/handouts/hw3.html
(see #2), but this is now already out of date as the location of some files
changed.  The updated instructions are:

1.  Update $GEM5_ROOT/util/m5/SConstruct, add a new line between the
current lines 46 and 47:

main.Append(CXXFLAGS=[ '-O2' ])
*+main.Append(CXXFLAGS=[ '-std=c++11' ])*

main.Append(CCFLAGS=[ '-O2' ])

2.  Now run the same command you ran in step 2 of the above link:

scons build/x86/out/m5

3.  This will create the same two .o files in step 2 of the above link, in
the same places (although the location of m5op.o may have changed to
include/gem5 util/m5/build/x86/abi/x86/ according to some of the students
in my course).
Matt