Hi Miguel,

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't know whether parsec.img would work with configs/fs.py;
however, we've been testing and using parsec.img with the gem5 configs
from gem5-resources
(https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5-resources/+/refs/heads/stable/src/parsec/configs/)
[1].

You can modify the configs from [1] to run command line commands
(which, I guess, would have the same behaviors as --script from
configs/fs.py). Specifically, in the writeBenchScript() function in
run_parsec.py, the content inputted to bench_file.write() will
eventually be appended to .bashrc during gem5 simulation.

Since you mentioned newer Linux kernel versions, it is known that the
current state of the configs from [1] would run into a kernel panic
when running the simulation with newer Linux kernel versions. This
change (https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5-resources/+/42261)
is supposed to fix the problem.

Regards,
Hoa Nguyen