Hi,
I was implementing an x86 operating system that runs on gem5
simulator. I have to implement the shutdown functionality for the OS.
>From my initial research I found out that I have to use the ACPI for
implementing shutdown (using outw(PM1a_CNT, SLP_TYPa | SLP_EN ); ).
But the values of PM1a_CNT, SLP_TYPa and SLP_EN has to be gathered
from the DSDT table of ACPI. When I searched the gem5 source for the
DSDT table, I was unable to find it (there was classes defined for
RSDT and XSDT tables).
Can anyone please give any pointers towards where to search ? Or are
there any other methods to shutdown the x86 Full system simulation ?

Thanks,
Deepak Mohan