Hi,

This is probably happening because 20170616/disks/linaro-minimal-aarch64.img is
using the old m5 binary and as such it doesn't support the runtime --addr
option (which has been added after 2017)
I recommend you to either rebuild the m5 binary and replace it in the disk
image, or to use the [1] disk image available at [2].

As you are running with KVM, you should be using the /init.addr.gem5 init
script (so amend the kernel cmdline accordingly)

Kind Regards

Giacomo

[1]:
http://dist.gem5.org/dist/current/arm/disks/ubuntu-18.04-arm64-docker.img.bz2