Hi Sam,

I am not sure how the python script works but I think what you want to do can be achieved by using the --outdir=DIR (or -d DIR) command line argument for the gem5 binary, not the script.  For example I think the correct way to do it in your example is this:

build/X86/gem5.opt --outdir=./test component_models/caches/cachesFIFO/cache_system.py 1

Best,

Dimitrios