Hi Javed,

You are correct in your assumptions. I believe the confusion arises from the
overuse of the "System" keyword. As a summary,
The System class (defined in src/sim/system.hh) is the child of the Root node
and encompasses most of the simulated models (cpu, memory subsystem, devices,
etc).

The RubySystem is a child of the System class (system.ruby = RubySystem() adds
the RubySystem to the SimObject hierarchy under the system node).
In other words, the RubySystem is a subsystem, whose only purpose is to parent
ruby memory models. It is not a replacement for the System class nor a
different implementation

Kind regards

Giacomo

medium. Thank you.