Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well!

I am trying to implement a store instruction in ARM that has Post-index,
Pre-index, and Signed-offset versions, and I'm using a normal store (i.e.,
STRX64) as a model to start, but I am running into some confusion with regard
to which versions are microops, macroops, and neither, so I was wondering if
anyone had any clarification on the issue

I am seeing information about the differences in X86, but I haven't been able
to find anything about it in ARM

Here is what I've gathered so far:

STRX64_REG           →    neither (not IsMicroop/IsMacroop)
STRX64_PRE           →    IsMacroop (uses microop MicroAddXiUop)
STRX64_POST         →    IsMacroop (uses microop MicroAddXiUop)
STRX64_IMM            →    neither (not IsMicroop/IsMacroop)
STRX64_PREAcc     →    IsMicroop
STRX64_POSTAcc   →    IsMicroop

From my understanding, the macroop is broken down into microops, but I am
confused as to why some of the others are listed as microops and some are
listed as neither. If anyone has any insight into how these are different and
how they are used, it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time!

Respectfully,

Jason Z