Thanks!
Now I want to evulate the performance(e.g running time) about a system with my
own IO device,which mode of the "cpu" and the "memory" should I use,*atomic* or
*timing*?

????:&nbsp;Re: [gem5-users] some problem about IO device's write or read
function's return tick

Hello,

If you are using *atomic* memory mode, then the tick number is mostly ignored.
If you're using *timing* mode, then the tick number should be used by whatever
object calls the read/write function and the delay is inserted there. Also, if
your program doesn't have a direct dependence on the I/O device, the latency
may be hidden. Enabling various debug flags should help you track
this&nbsp;down.

Cheers,
Jason

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 8:58 AM lin via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org&gt;