From: wasd003 <chenhuiji2...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 June 2022 at 13:01
To: gem5-users@gem5.org <gem5-users@gem5.org>
Subject: [gem5-users] ARM FS emulation with nic support
Hi, I'm trying to get nic supported on ARM full system emulation with the help
of gem5-dist.sh. But I've gotten following error during the boot process:

build/ARM/mem/xbar.cc:430: fatal: testsys.iobus has two ports responding within
range [0x2f000000:0x2f000004]:
testsys.realview.cf_ctrl.pio
testsys.realview.cf_ctrl.pio

My Gem5 Version: v21.2.1.1
                commitID: e4fae58da6c044b6efec62392ff99f343ce67947

Following is the command line I used to boot gem5:
${GEM_PATH}/util/dist/gem5-dist.sh \
        -n 2 \
        -x ${GEM_PATH}/build/ARM/gem5.opt \
        -s ${GEM_PATH}/configs/dist/sw.py \
        -f ${GEM_PATH}/configs/example/fs.py \
        -r ${LOG_DIR} \
        --fs-args \
    --bootloader="${BOOT}" \
    --kernel="${KERNEL}" \
    --disk-image="${DISK}" \
        --cpu-type=AtomicSimpleCPU \
        --num-cpus=4 \
        --machine-type=VExpress_EMM64 \
        --m5-args \
        --debug-flags=DistEthernet \

I've searched  email archive and found a similar question to my situation:
https://www.mail-archive.com/gem5-users@gem5.org/msg20033.html.
I tried to follow the instructions and turned --machine-type from
VExpress_EMM64 to VExpress_GEM5_V1, but error message: "object
'VExpress_GEM5_V1' has no attribute 'ethernet' " was raised.

If it helps, I've also tried to debug this problem, and found that 2 addr
ranges ([0x2f000000:0x2f000008] and [0x2f000000:0x2f000004]) collided. These 2
addr ranges come from BARs array of  PioPort.In the constructor of PciDevice,
each element of the BARs array will be assigned the same value: pciPioBase
which value equals 0x2f000000. I suppose that is why the above 2 addr ranges
both start with 0x2f000000.

Any ideas to fix the issue?

Thanks.
medium. Thank you.