From: Amin Jadidi <amin.jad...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2022 1:14 PM
To: gem5-users@gem5.org <gem5-users@gem5.org>
Subject: [gem5-users] Re: Injecting Synthetic Traffic

Just a minor edit, the mesh frequency is set to 2GHz.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 10:41 AM Amin Jadidi
<amin.jad...@gmail.com<mailto:amin.jad...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

I have been using a traffic injector to inject traffic into the mesh.
However, I noticed that when I increase the injection rate, at some point it
saturates and I cannot inject more traffic even though the mesh and memory
bandwidth is not saturated.
For this specific study, I am only injecting traffic from one of the cpus and
when the injection interval is less than 3ns, I start seeing lots of retries.
I am using the CHI protocol and the mesh frequency is set to 3GHz.
On paper I should be able to inject one request every cycle, but if I go below
one request every 6 cycles (3ns) I cannot inject more and only get retries. For
instance:
system.cpu00.data_sequencer.response_ports0: Request ReadReq for address
0xdf43623b did not issue because BufferFull
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Amin
medium. Thank you.