From: Bobby Bruce<mailto:bbr...@ucdavis.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2022 12:46
To: The gem5 Users mailing list<mailto:gem5-users@gem5.org>
Subject: [gem5-users] Re: Creating Checkpoints

You need to explicitly state what you want to do at the "m5 checkpoint" exit
event, otherwise it'll just default to a regular exit.

You'll need to change the "on_exit_event" parameter when constructing the
Simulator. Something like this:

```

def create_checkpoint():
    m5.checkpoint("<path to checkpoint>")

simulator = Simulator(
    board=board,
    on_exit_event={
    ExitEvent.EXIT : (func() for func in [processor.switch]),
    ExitEvent.CHECKPOINT: (func() for func in [create_checkpoint]),
},

```

Note here we're saying on the first EXIT (m5 exit) exit event we're switching
cores, and on the first CHECKPOINT(m5 checkpoint) exit event we're creating the
checkpoint.

--
Dr. Bobby R. Bruce
Room 3050,