There are a couple of examples of using simpoints in the configs directory (
https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/refs/heads/develop/configs/example/gem5_library/checkpoints/).
This will be part of the next gem5 release (coming in a couple of weeks).

We would like to start distributing some of the resources for SimPoints.
This should be coming soon.

Cheers,
Jason