Hi,

first you can take a look at that file by doing something like "nano
/proc/sys/kernel/perf_event_paranoid".
As I would expect, the file should contain the value "2".

This is what your error message says and prevents gem5 from making the
systemcall.
So try to run this command as root:
"echo -1 > /proc/sys/kernel/perf_event_paranoid" (writes -1 into the file).

Regards