Hi,

Below is the info of my binary file which I have followed for simple.py
execution.

*>arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc myhello.c -o myhello-arm -static*

*>file myhello.armmyhello-arm: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5
version 1 (SYSV), statically linked,
BuildID[sha1]=88f5968edf2205e9debda59908a7ac233fb8ad94, for GNU/Linux
3.2.0, not stripped*

So, is this compatible with GEM5-based architecture?
I think may be EABI5 is not supporting.

Thanks
- Ikram

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 12:20 AM RTL Insn via gem5-users <
gem5-users@gem5.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> First of all, you do not need to edit the script file to run a
workload!!! You can run the  workload (you hello world program) just by
passing it as an argument in your command line. It is not a good idea to
modify simple.py just to run your program. Assume you have multiple
programs you need to test them in Gem5. Is it correct to modify the
simple.py every time you need to run the simulation? Absolutely no.
> The simple.py has multiple arguments you can pass them in your command
line, one of them the target binary program, i.e., hello world program.
> The following command line will start gem5 (x86 arch) with default
configuration to run a hello program that is located on a particular path.
> ./build/X86/gem5.opt configs/example/se.py  -c ~/Desktop/hello
>
> This cross-compiler "aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc" generates a 64 bit binary,
what is your Gem5-based architecture? Is it aarch 64? I prefer to simply
compile the hello world program just like Cross-compiler hello.c -o hello ,
without other arguments.

> Please could you provide us with info about your architecture and binary
file (just type in linux terminal $> file hello)  to know is it compatible
with the target Gem5-based architecture.

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 9:40 PM IKRAM via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>
wrote:

>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I have written a c code (hello world program) and compiled using the arm
cross compiler. When I run the simple.py config file with new helloworld
binary updated in simple.py file I am getting simulation failure.

>> c code is as shown below:
>> #include <stdio.h>
>> int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
>>    // printf() displays the string inside quotation
>>    printf("Hello, World!");
>>    return 0;
>> }
>>

>> ARM cross compiler used : aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc
>>
>> Below are the commands I used:
>> aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc -static -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ myhello.c
-o myhello
>> build/ARM/gem5.opt configs/learning_gem5/part1/simple.py
>>
>> Below is the error:
>> gem5 Simulator System.  http://gem5.org
>> gem5 is copyrighted software; use the --copyright option for details.
>>
>> gem5 version 21.2.0.0
>> gem5 compiled Jan 24 2023 23:16:23
>> gem5 started Jan 24 2023 23:21:13
>> gem5 executing on ubuntu-linux-22-04-desktop, pid 156963
>> command line: build/ARM/gem5.opt configs/learning_gem5/part1/simple.py
>>
>> Global frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second
>> warn: failed to generate dot output from m5out/config.dot
>> build/ARM/mem/mem_interface.cc:791: warn: DRAM device capacity (8192
Mbytes) does not match the address range assigned (512 Mbytes)
>> 0: system.remote_gdb: listening for remote gdb on port 7000
>> Beginning simulation!
>> build/ARM/sim/simulate.cc:194: info: Entering event queue @ 0.  Starting
simulation...
>> build/ARM/sim/syscall_emul.cc:74: warn: ignoring syscall
set_robust_list(...)