Hi,
There are two memory models for caches in gem5: Ruby and Classic memory.
Classic is easier and Ruby provides a more elaborated design in my opinion.
If you have to implement said changes for specific cache level you have to
create a separate class for it in src/mem/ruby/structures and do needed
changes in coherence in ruby/protocol folder. In protocol folder code is in
SLICC that get changes to c++ through some inbuilt compiler.and present at:
buildLRU/build/X86/mem/ruby.
I have found one link that might suggest bypassing cache in gem5 for
classic memory:
https://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~swilson/gem5-docs/cache_8cc_source.html.
If possible, just my advice, it is comparatively easier to do in sniper and
champsim than Gem5 if you can change simulators. It can save you a lot of
time if your research supervisor allows it.
I know it is just basic stuff, but hopefully it can help you.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 12:02 AM Abdullah S. Alshehri via gem5-users <
gem5-users@gem5.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have been trying to implement the paper attached using the latest
> version available of GEM5. I have not been able to do it due to so many
> files involved, this is what I believe.
>
> The paper is long but the idea is only in pages 207-208, section IV.
>
> I just want to ask you guys if you can take a look at the paper and let me
> know what you think, provide suggestions and guidelines if possible.
>
> Thank you

Jaspinder Kaur

--
**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The
 contents of this email message and any
attachments are intended solely
for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged
information and may be legally protected
from disclosure. If you are not
 the intended recipient of this message or
their agent, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the
 sender by reply email and then delete this message
and any attachments.
 If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any
 use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message
or its
attachments is strictly prohibited.*

*