Hi Alex,

The answer to your question depends on quite a few factors.

One of them is what are the ISAs do you plan to investigate. As far as I
know, x86 in gem5 does not support a lot of SIMD extensions. I believe arm
NEON is pretty well supported in gem5.

In terms of vector length agnostic instructions support, arm SVE is pretty
well supported too. RISC-V Vector Extension (RVV) 1.0 support is still
under reviewed. Though there is a RVV 0.7 implementation that is not in
mainline gem5, and a small RVV 1.0 implementation that supports a small
number of instructions but supports out-of-order execution.

Regards,
Hoa Nguyen