arbiter ..

Cheers,
Tushar
On Apr 5, 2023, 10:05 AM -0400, 赵子丰 via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>, wrote:
Dear Professor Tushar,
  Can DSENT estimate the  power/area of control module that added into the
Garnet?

Best wishes,
Zifeng Zhao

From:  "Krishna, Tushar via gem5-users"<gem5-users@gem5.org>;
Date:  Wed, Apr 5, 2023 09:37 PM
To:  "gem5-users"<gem5-users@gem5.org>; "gem5-users"<gem5-users@gem5.org>;
Cc:  "Ali Karazmoodeh"<karazmoode...@gmail.com>; "Krishna,
Tushar"<tus...@ece.gatech.edu>;
Subject:  [gem5-users] Re: Using DSENT with on-chip-network-power-area.py

>OR I suggest using garnet to get stats and run DSENT separately.
I mean get stats for access to links, buffers etc.. and then use some external
tool (DSENT / anything else) to get energy/access and then estimate the total
energy.

Cheers,
Tushar
On Apr 5, 2023, 9:29 AM -0400, Krishna, Tushar via gem5-users
<gem5-users@gem5.org>, wrote:
Yes the DSENT parsing script seems to be broken.
You can try to fix it.
OR I suggest using garnet to get stats and run DSENT separately.

DSENT is not being actively developed / maintained, but this page has a copy +
README:
https://github.com/mit-carbon/Graphite/tree/master/contrib/dsent/dsent-core

Cheers,
Tushar
On Apr 5, 2023, 7:04 AM -0400, Ali Karazmoodeh via gem5-users
<gem5-users@gem5.org>, wrote:
Hello.
I want to estimate the power and area of some Network-on-Chip topologies using
DSENT. I have followed the instructions in gem5-users given by Dr. Krishna
(https://www.mail-archive.com/gem5-users@gem5.org/msg15749.html) for this
purpose.
First, I simulated a Mesh_XY topology with synthetic traffic using this command:
build/NULL/gem5.opt configs/example/garnet_synth_traffic.py --network=garnet
--num-cpus=64 --num-dirs=64 --topology=Mesh_XY --mesh-rows=8
--sim-cycles=10000000 --synthetic=uniform_random --precision=3
--injectionrate=0.02 --router-latency=1 --link-latency=1 --link-width-bits=16
--routing-algorithm=0
Then, I built dsent using this command:
python ./util/on-chip-network-power-area.py . m5out
ext/dsent/configs/router.cfg ext/dsent/configs/electrical-link.cfg
After that, it compiles dsent, but it gives this error:
("ERROR: Garnet network not used in '", './m5out/config.ini')
To get past this error, I changed line 70 in on-chip-network-power-area.py from
<unnamed.png>
<unnamed_2.png>
But now I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./util/on-chip-network-power-area.py", line 219, in <module>
    main()
  File "./util/on-chip-network-power-area.py", line 216, in main
    buffers_per_control_vc, ni_flit_size_bits)
  File "./util/on-chip-network-power-area.py", line 161, in parseStats
    ["grep", pattern, stats_file]), '\n', -1)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 223, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['grep', 'sim_seconds',
'./m5out/stats.txt']' returned non-zero exit status 1
It seems that on-chip-network-power-area.py cannot parse the stats. What causes
this error to happen and how can I fix it?

Warm regards,
Ali