Hi Fangjia,

The crash might be due to the ELFie trying to access pages that are not
recorded because the ELFie execution is unconstrained. Therefore, we need
to know where to end the simulation to avoid a possible crash.

The PC count pairs are the markers for the gem5 simulator to know where the
right ROI starts and ends for the ELFie execution. I believe ELFie can
generate information about the starting and ending PC count pair for
simulation(https://github.com/intel/pinball2elf#example-of-account-in-warmup
simulation-specification
<https://github.com/intel/pinball2elf#example-of-pccount-in-warmupsimulation-specification>).
With the SIMPOINT_BEGIN events, the simulation will exit into the Python
script and allow us to specify what to do for the events. In this case, we
can start at the right beginning and exit the simulation at the right
ending of the ROI.

Best,
Zhantong