On 4/9/2023 9:33 PM, 中国石油大学张天 via gem5-users wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new to gem5. I wonder if it is possible to make changes to the ALU with Gem5? For example, I want to implement the addition of two numbers through the Residue Number System instead of binary. Or is there any way to implement addition based on Residue Number System? Such as modifying instructions?

If addition produces the same result, how would you know the difference?
gem5 does not model at the gate level, only the overall effect.  You can
certainly add new instructions however, if you can figure an encoding, etc.

Regards - Eliot Moss