I am working my way through the tutorial and I have some questions. I noticed
that the tutorial at:
https://www.gem5.org/documentation/learning_gem5/part1/cache_config/ has a
section called Adding parameters to your script. It describes the parser
arguments that seem to be built in to the current caches.py. The segment of
code is not in the example full scripts caches.py and two_level.py. Are these
examples that should be added to new runs to make sure we can modify the
parameters?

I found the statistics file for gem5 in the m5out directory. Is that the limit
of the output statistics? I can see that to generate a performance versus size
of cache experiment, I will have the students run through multiple parameters
and then parse the stats.txt file.

Also based on my reading, gem5 has several CPU designs built in to the system
(X86, RISCV, MIPS, SPARC, and ARM). Are there block diagrams of the internal
CPU simulations available? The diagram would assist the user in defining memory
and control interfaces.

I am working up a set of lecture for an advanced computer architecture class
which will include a tutorial, and a class project. I am trying to find
existing art that might help me tailor the lecture notes.

Dr. Nick Beser
Johns Hopkins University
Whiting School of Engineering