You might find some useful things in these slides:  PowerPoint Presentation
(gem5.org)
<https://www.gem5.org/assets/files/isca2022-tutorial/gem5-stdlib-tutorial.pdf>.
But, mainly, you just need to change the following line in the fs script
(assuming you are using riscv full system example from gem5 source):

disk_image=Resource("riscv-disk-img")

-Ayaz