Hi Ayaz,

Right, in real implementation we wound need dual LQs that can provide double
throughput in loading data, and this can require dual DCACHE ports as well, or
the throughput will be throttled eventually.

Yes seems O3 CPU side we have to change the source code, but anyone know how to
do this at Cache/Ruby side? Is it possible only by pythonic configuring?
---- Replied Message ----
| From | Ayaz Akram via gem5-users<gem5-users@gem5.org> |
| Date | 5/1/2023 04:22 |
| To | The gem5 Users mailing list<gem5-users@gem5.org> |
| Cc | G<ginger...@163.com> ,
Ayaz Akram<yazak...@ucdavis.edu> |
| Subject | [gem5-users] Re: GEM5 dcache dual-porting |
Hi,

Based on my understanding, I think if you configure multiple load functional
units that would be equivalent to multiple dcache ports. However, using
multiple LQs might require changes in the source code.

-Ayaz