Sorry for a very late reply, but for the sake of clarification:

Yes, I believe you should have cloned the bootcamp 2022 recurisively. I think
both the issues highlighted in this thread were due to running a newer version
of gem5 on top of older config scripts and resources which used the older API.

There wasn’t much that went wrong when we used the 2022 Bootcamp repo with a
class of 50 last year. There may be bugs but I don’t think anything should be
glaringly broken. I think we did the gem5 Bootcamp with v22.0 of gem5, and
v22.1 was released in December of last year, so be careful. There were quite a
few API chances between these released. The “Obtain_resources” change was
definitely one.

I’m sorry for all the trouble your having with it. If you run into any
additional problems please reach out to me directly.

--
Dr. Bobby R. Bruce
Room 3050,

web: https://www.bobbybruce.net