On 7/4/2023 7:17 PM, Eliot Moss via gem5-users wrote:
Dear gem5-ers --

I am thinking of trying to put together something that roughly models ARM's
R82, which is an 8-stage, width 3, in order cpu.  (It's also not a single
thing, but has numerous options you choose, and then set up RTL and can have
your design manufactured.)  I see that there are three non-SMT and one SMT in
order pipeline models, but I'm not clear how I would use them -- swap them in
for the one that does not have 5, 9, or smt in its name?  Or what?  I do know
that I'll need to put together a new system model that uses the ARM isa and is
at least slightly extended from InOrderCPU.py/  Any other things to watch out
for?  Thanks - Eliot

Following up my own question a bit ...

Is InOrderCPU (cpu/inorder) deprecated or something?  Even adding InOrderCPU
to CPU_MODELS in build_opts/ARM does not cause the inorder directory to
compile.  Not sure how to make it happen.

Meanwhile, there is MinorCPU (cpu/minor), which seem perhaps intended to
replace inorder.  Is that right?

Regards - Eliot