Hi,

m5.options.outdir is probably what you are looking for.

Kind Regards

Giacomo

From: Caio Vieira via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>
Date: Wednesday, 23 August 2023 at 10:24
Cc: Caio Vieira <caio.vie...@mailbox.tu-dresden.de>
Subject: [gem5-users] Get gem5 output directory from python config
Hi,

I would like to know how to get the gem5 output directory (flags
--outdir=DIR, -d=DIR in gem5's binary) from the python config script. If
this feature is not implemented, then it would be nice to make it
available by creating a function in src/gem5/runtime.py and allow the
user to probe this like get_runtime_isa().

Reason: My goal is to create a better communication between host and
guest by using m5's writefile. However, I've noticed that paths given to
writefile starts from gem5's output directory. I know that I can work
around this issue by creating an argument in my python script and give
it the same value I pass to gem5 --outdir.

Cheers,
Caio Vieira
medium. Thank you.