On 11/30/2023 2:07 PM, zahra moein via gem5-users wrote:
Hi everyone,

As we already know, a "Read miss" at the last cache level (LLC) means that the desired block in the LLC for reading was not found. Consequently, it is necessary to locate a victim block and copy the desired block from the main memory to the victim block's location in the last cache level.

I want to see the data content of the blocks that were brought to the last level of the cache due to a read miss from the main memory. However, I am unsure where the Read Miss operation is implemented. Based on my research, it appears that the function:

CacheBlk* BaseCache::handleFill(PacketPtr pkt, CacheBlk *blk, PacketList
&writebacks, bool allocate)

maybe helpful in this regard.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or guidance on how to effectively validate my findings. For your information, I am utilizing a classic cache configuration and an O3 CPU type.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I eagerly look forward to your
guidance.

If you're running a timing model, the packet will arrive with
a RecvTimingResp call.  The code for that function will look
at the nature of the response and possibly load data into a
cache block.  That's where I would look.

Best wishes - EM