Hi Anamika,

Hey there. The se.py script has been depreciated in favor of the new gem5
standard library. You can find examples of using the standard library,
https://github.com/gem5/gem5/tree/stable/configs/example/gem5_library.

The internal of the standard library (how components are constructed and
connected) are here,
https://github.com/gem5/gem5/tree/stable/src/python/gem5.

Regarding developing a simulation component (or a SimObject), which is a
media decoder accelerator in your case, you can start from learning gem5
here,
https://www.gem5.org/documentation/learning_gem5/part2/helloobject/, or the
tutorial from 2022 gem5 bootcamp, https://youtube.com/watch?v=OcXA1D4b1RA.

At a high level, every SimObject has a Python class that is binded to a C++
class. The Python interface provides a way for you to input the parameters
to your component and to connect SimObjects. You'd need to implement the
C++ part, which performs the functionalities of the SimObject, like
decoding a stream of bits.

Regards,
Hoa Nguyen