Hi Hossam,

>  Yet another option is a way to enable/disable debugging in the config
script mid-simulation. This would allow me to exit the simulation using an
m5op before the instructions, enable debugging in the config script,
continue, exit using an m5op after the instructions, disable debugging, etc.

You can definitely do this.

You can use the m5.trace.enable()  and m5.trace.disable() functions in
python to enable and disable the debug output. You can use m5 ops to exit
the simulation as you mentioned as well and then call these functions.

Cheers,
Jason