Hi Nick,

I don't think there would be any problem with compiling gem5 on arm (or
riscv) architecture on Ubuntu. I've been compiling/using gem5 on an arm
system and it works for me.

However, please make sure that the system has enough memory to compile
gem5. Typically compiling gem5 takes a lot of memory, and you can pass
"--limit-ld-memory-usage" to reduce the memory consumption.

Regards,
Hoa Nguyen