Hello all:

I have a question regarding instruction/PC tracking with m5. I'm working with the ARM_SE simple atomic model, and I need to print out a sequence of instructions at a specific point in the simulation. I can do that easily enough using the 'IntRegs' and 'Fetch' trace-flags, or having an inform() statement in the code, but here's where I'm looking for some thoughts:

I duplicate select instructions in the code with an LLVM pass and I want to see specific register contents at specific instrutions[PC] in m5 for a while after an arbitrary point in the simulation. Is there an easy way to do this so that I can compare the same program points/instructions [not checkpointing, though] in each run? The way I see it currently, with duplicated code, the number of simulated instructions increases, and PC's will be different, so I'm not sure how to go about this.

Thanks,
Griffin