I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-11.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2008-09-14
IETF LC End Date: 2009-09-17
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:   Almost ready
--------

Major issues:
-------------

There seems to be some confusion in the description of Fig. 2 in section 6.1,
since there are three references to (Figure 1, Path x) which I suppose should
all be (Figure 2, Path x).

Minor issues:
-------------

I think Figure 1 would be a little clearer if there were explicit references in
the notes, e.g.,

             (1) Compressed hop-by-hop by ROHC ESP/IP profile [a standard ROHC 
reference?]
             (2) Compressed end-to-end by ROHCoIPsec TCP/IP profile [IPSEC-ROHC]

I suggest adding the hop-by-hop and end-to-end clarifications too, because
until I figured that out, I was worried about fragmentation.

Similarly, Figure 2 would be a little clearer if Path 2 was labelled something
like:

        Path 2
       (ROHC-enabled SA,
        but no compression)


_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

Reply via email to