On 12/16/2013 07:21 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
[...]
    "Of course, the proxy can add overload control parameters pertinent
     to itself in the Via header it inserts in the request going
     downstream."

Let me know if that captures the intent of your comment.

Exactly. (I know it is stating the obvious, but it removes any doubt
from the reader's mind.)

Brian: Sure; I will add the suggested sentence in the next revision.

[...]
It's fine as long as you've thought about it. The official rule
is in RFC 2026: the document must 'stand as a complete and
understandable document with or without the reference to the
"Work in Progress".'

Indeed, I believe that draft-ietf-soc-overload-control passes that
metric, the reverse is not true.  That is, the other two drafts,
namely draft-...-event-package and draft-...-rate-control need
draft-..-overload-control as a normative reference.  I will inform
the WG about it.

Thanks, Brian.

- vijay
--
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email protected]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

Reply via email to