In your previous mail you wrote:

>  Dear Francis,
>  I've done the changes, but I need some more information:
>
>  >  4.2 page 9 (connection-address): (ambiguous wording)
>  >      ...  An IP address
>  >      SHOULD be used, but an FQDN MAY be used in place of an IP address.
>
> [JIG] I'm not getting the ambiguity.

=> IMHO "A SHOULD be used, but B MAY be used" without a complete list
of cases where B SHOULD be used (i.e., the exceptions) is inherently
ambiguous.

>  Unusually, we deliberately _are_ recommending using an IP address
>  over an FQDN but allowing both

=> I understand the idea but IMHO the wording is not the right one
(i.e., SHOULD is too strong).

>  and the reasoning for preferring an IP address is self
>  evident from additional complexity in the succeeding sentences.

=> the succeeding sentences are about support (where SHOULD+MAY
don't conflict).

Thanks

francis.dup...@fdupont.fr

PS: there are (at least) two ways to solve this:
 - to ignore my comment (I put it into editorial comments to allow this
  solution, the other choice was to make a minor point with a high
  probability to see a DISCUSS about the point :-).
 - to get some advice from the list as I shall be very surprised it is
  the first case we have a conflict for a SHOULD+MAY about use.