Robert -

The document does two things:

1)It updates some registries for sub-TLVs defined at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml

As these changes are modifying the format (not the content) of registries used
by a number of standards track RFCs it needs to be a standards track document.

2)It defines procedures for early allocation of codepoints from the above
registry.

While an argument could be made that this portion should be BCP, the fact that
it is combined with #1 requires that the document be Standards track.

> Should this Update any of the RFCs that previously defined these registries?

Yes - it updates the following RFCs: 5130, 5311

   Les