I guess I did mention this before but just in case that was missed - the idea
of a separate confidentiality mechanism for each encapsulation/overlay protocol
when these are all IP based does seem a bit inapposite to me. At a minimum, it
opens up scope for additional security holes to prey upon (as against using a
standard mechanism like IPsec).

Thanks,
Manish