> On May 5, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Stewart Bryant <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> 
> On 04/05/2017 21:20, Alvaro Retana (aretana) wrote:
>> On 5/2/17, 12:57 PM, "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Stewart:
>> 
>> Hi!  How are you?
>> 
>> Thanks for the detailed review!
>> 
>>> A significant part of the justification seems to evolve around the
>>> inability of MPLS to function in an IPv6 only network.
>> It seems to me that this statement summarizes many of the concerns you 
>> listed as Major in the review.  I can see why it seems like the 
>> justification is: “because MPLS doesn’t work, then we have to do IPv6.” – 
>> but I think that even if a complete solution exists (for an MPLS deployment 
>> on an IPv6-only network), some operators would still make the design choice 
>> of preferring an IPv6-only deployment.
>> 
>> I think that it would be good for the authors to refocus the justification 
>> away from “because X doesn’t work”.  Would that address this part of your 
>> concerns?
>> 
>> Thanks!
>> 
>> Alvaro.
>> 
> 
> Hi Alvaro,
> 
> That would be a step in the right direction particularly if Carlos' OPS 
> comments were also addressed.
> 
> Without going back over the detail, I seem to remember I had a question as to 
> how the homenet case worked given that SR needs topology info, and homenet 
> has chosen a DV protocol.

HNCP performs topology discovery and prefix assignment within the home network, 
independent of the routing protocol being used.

- Mark

> 
> I also had a concerns about the validity of the scaling justification, and I 
> think there are issues of trust that need to be discussed.
> 
> Both of those may be addressable simply by providing more detail as Carlos 
> suggests.
> 
> Alternatively maybe it would be better to have a single use case: Operators 
> that wish to deploy SR without an MPLS control plane, although as I note, you 
> don't need an MPLS control plane to make MPLS SR work.
> 
> - Stewart
> 

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

Reply via email to