Hi folks,

TLS 1.3 has been approved by the IESG and it's on its way to the RFC
Editor, so
I don't really see this changing any time soon for the base RFC.

I think there's some debate about whether this is a good idea, but in any
case,
the right way to pursue it would be to publish a new draft, presumably with
some extension that says "I speak extended alerts".

-Ekr