Vijay, thanks for your review. Yann, thanks for your responses. I have entered 
a No Objection ballot.

Alissa


> On Apr 25, 2018, at 1:44 PM, Yann Collet <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Thanks Vijay
>  
>  
> These are good suggestions.
> I’ll use them to improve the spec.
>  
>  
> Regards,
>  
> Yann
>  
> From: Vijay Gurbani <[email protected]>
> Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 17:56
> To: Yann Collet <[email protected]>
> Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, 
> "[email protected]" 
> <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" 
> <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Genart last call review of draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd-01
>  
> Yann: Thank you for your response. <>
> Please see inline.
> 
>  
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 6:22 PM, Yann Collet <[email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
> Hi
> 
> 
> I can answer the following 2 minor points: 
> 
>      - S2.1.1.3.1.1: "Value ?0" --> should it be "Value 00"?
> 
> `?0` means it can be either `10` or `00`.
> Aka, only the last bit `0` matters.
>  
> When I read that section, it did not strike me that you were using regular 
> expressions (as far as I can remember, there was no use of regexps in the 
> section, but I don't have the draft open in front of me).  Thus, it looked 
> like a typo to me.  My advice, especially if there is no general use of 
> regular expressions in the draft, would be to spell it out by saying "00 or 
> 01".  But the end decision is up to you, of course.
>  
>     - S2.1.1: The value of the magic number: 0xFD2FB528 --- is there any 
> significance to it?  
> 
> This value was selected to be less probable to find at the beginning of some 
> random file.
> It avoids trivial patterns (0x00, 0xFF, repeated bytes, increasing bytes, 
> etc.),
> contains byte values outside of ASCII range,
> and doesn't map into UTF8 space.
> It reduces chances that a text file be able to represent this value by 
> accident.
>  
> OK; that's what I thought.  Up to you if you want to add an explanatory 
> sentence.  Won't hurt.
> 
> That's all.  Thanks!
>  
> For all other points, I have no comment, and agree with reviewer.
> 
> 
> Rgds
> 
> Yann Collet
> Facebook
> 
> On 4/19/18, 07:55, "Vijay Gurbani" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
> 
>     Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani
>     Review result: Ready with Nits
> 
>     I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
>     Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
>     by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
>     like any other last call comments.
> 
>     For more information, please see the FAQ at
> 
>     
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.ietf.org_trac_gen_wiki_GenArtfaq&d=DwICaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=_EwH5jTAHV32G13ENXwVrw&m=aMabi5qTp6wXqc6KXVjyGEgbdV5SaoN7tcHeDarFUI8&s=G_jKtEolxxcUUP2uN78WXkDdXi9KsGgZPh0RD34zvIw&e=
>  
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.ietf.org_trac_gen_wiki_GenArtfaq&d=DwICaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=_EwH5jTAHV32G13ENXwVrw&m=aMabi5qTp6wXqc6KXVjyGEgbdV5SaoN7tcHeDarFUI8&s=G_jKtEolxxcUUP2uN78WXkDdXi9KsGgZPh0RD34zvIw&e=>>.
> 
>     Document: draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd-01
>     Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
>     Review Date: 2018-04-19
>     IETF LC End Date: 2018-04-23
>     IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat
> 
>     Summary: Ready with 1 minor issue and some nits.
> 
>     Major issues: 0
> 
>     Minor issues: 2
> 
>     Nits/editorial comments:  3
> 
>     Minor:
>     - S4: "... and the usual precautions apply."  Here, what are the "usual
>      precautions"?  Are they the ones enumerated below?  If so, then
>      perhaps restate as "... and the usual precautions apply, as enumerated
>      below.".
> 
>      If the usual precautions are not enumerated below, then a reference 
> should
>      be provided to a resource(s) that enumerates such precautions.
> 
>     - S5: I am curious, why should we remove this section prior to 
> publication?
>      It contains pointers to code that is invaluable to implementors.  At the
>      most, I would advise excising company name (Facebook) from the section,
>      but I would advocate strongly to retain this section as the draft becomes
>      a RFC.
> 
>     Nits/Typos:
>     - S2.1.1: The value of the magic number: 0xFD2FB528 --- is there any
>      significance to it?  Any insight on how you arrived at this will be
>      interesting.  (I am relating this magic number to the SIP magic cookie
>      "z9hG4bK" which was chosen so that the probability was very small of
>      older implementations to randomly pick a branch ID that started with
>      these characters.)
> 
>     - S2.1.1: s/the origina/the original/
> 
>     - S2.1.1.3.1.1: "Value ?0" --> should it be "Value 00"?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

Reply via email to