Hi Al,

Thanks for addressing my comments, it looks good.

Francesca

> -----Original Message-----
> From: MORTON, ALFRED C (AL) <[email protected]>
> Sent: den 23 maj 2018 15:39
> To: Francesca Palombini <[email protected]>; gen-
> [email protected]
> Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
> Subject: RE: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-04
> 
> Hi Francesca,
> one last item to resolve, we should be good now.
> see below,
> Al
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Francesca Palombini [mailto:[email protected]]
> > Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 3:44 AM
> > To: MORTON, ALFRED C (AL) <[email protected]>; [email protected]
> > Cc: [email protected]; [email protected];
> > [email protected]
> > Subject: RE: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-04
> >
> > Hi Al,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> > I cut selected parts of the email to detail some of my comments, see
> > inline.
> >
> > Francesca
> >
> ...snip...
> > > > To be consistent with the first bullet of the list above ("It
> > > > includes a valid IP header: see below for version-specific
> > > > criteria."), I would rephrase the text above with something on the lines
> of:
> > > >
> > > > "For an IPvX (...) packet to be standard-formed, the IPvX-specific
> > > > criteria for a valid IP header are:"
> > > [acm]
> > > Your wording suggestion dropped the clear indication of a requirement.
> > > We are using the RFC2119 terms consistently for requirements.
> > >
> >
> > I was trying to point out that the first part of the section (first
> > bullet
> > list) does not use RFC2119 terms. I read the second bullet list as a
> > "sub- list" of the first one, which is why I was suggesting removing
> > the REQUIRED term. Or you could rephrase the first list to use REQUIRED
> too.
> > Anyway, this is nit-picking. Feel free to disregard.
> >
> [acm]
> I see your point now, and I changed the sentence introducing the initial (IP
> version-agnostic list) to read:
> 
> A packet is standard-formed if it meets all of the following REQUIRED 
> criteria:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

Reply via email to